sleepin, it just takes time.

Friday, March 3, 2017


 if you followed any of my motherhood journey, my biggest challenge was sleep.
he started off not sleeping + kept that patterned until 3 weeks ago.
maybe it was me.
maybe i didn't know enough, read enough, tried enough.
i do know i have bought almost every swaddle possible, 
tried every setting on our sound machine,
cried, prayed, but nothing seemed to really work permanently.
i have stellar mama friends who just seems to nail their routines, schedules + sleep patterns.
so much advice was thrown my way +  i felt inadequate, 
not really figuring out my sleepless babe.

turns out, all eli needed was time.
turns out, schedules, baby wise, swaddle or no swaddle, 
wasn't going to make a difference.
eli needed time.
funny it took me almost an entire year to be okay with that.
sure,
i could've probably done better,
but due to our lifestyle, my work schedule + my sanity,
i wish someone just told me gently, it might just take time.



a few years ago, okay a lot of years ago, i was in high school jazz choir. 
hashtag nerd, but it was something i loved.
we were given quite complicated music, handed over to us on cd's with one track of just our part, the other just the girls, then everyone combined.
i distinctly remember leaving one practice almost in tears.
i couldn't get my part, there were too many note changes + it seemed way too complicated to me.
but then the next day, the music started + suddenly it clicked. 
i had my part.
all those hours of playing that cd payed off...

it literally just took time.



 i should've realized that this too, would just take time.
i probably would've saved money, frustration + stress, just realizing that i could be okay with time.
so, here i am, again, sharing that i really knew nothing + that i am constantly learning.
i guess thats just the usual around here.

so maybe your baby sleeps awesome, maybe he doesn't, 
but at least we can allllll agree that there is nothing more beautiful, 
than a sleeping babe.
am i right? i think i'm right on that one.


this adorable swaddle doesn't go far from eli.
get one for yourself here.





Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment