the back of your head....

Sunday, March 16, 2014


the night we got married, we laid in bed + you told me,
i've got a reason for you.
a reason?
yes a reason for why i love you, you'll get one every night for the rest of your life.
you did really well that first week,
numbering off each reason of why you loved me.
but by week four of our marriage, instead of chronicle order, i was just given a simple reason.
some times i asked, most of the time you just gave it to me, but from that first night of forever,
i've gotten a reason, silly or serious, of why you love me.
this seemingly unimportant picture of you 
has currently become my favorite picture of you 

the back of yo head is ridiculous.
because it's the first thing i wake up to every single morning.
it's what i follow through a crowd or through an adventure.
rarely i'm in the front, i'm being lead by you.
i consider myself (+ i think you'll agree)
a stubborn + independent person,
i mean your theme song for me is 
miss independent 
not the one by kelly clarkson,
 the ne-yo one,
the walk like a boss, talk like a boss one...
but there is something peaceful, calm, strong about following you.
i've followed you into a lot,
a new life, a married life + good life
+ a moment captured like this makes me grateful all over again for those reasons.

because like i said, the back of yo head is ridiculous
+ so is the front.


Share/Bookmark

3 comments: