to grandparents house we go

Monday, February 10, 2014












sterling? what year did we get married in again?
oh, the good old days.

my grandparents house.
i've spent almost every holiday growing up, in their little home.
always filled with cookies, sherbet ice cream + a 
never ending candy jar.
learning to garden with grandpa, life lessons from grandma,
this house is filled with millions of memories.
my grandpa flies airplanes.
makes them too.
some men like to golf, my grandpa planned vacations around fly fishing
+ takes every opportunity to go flying.
he takes lexi, their puppy dog,
on walks everyday.
30 mins except on Sundays,
to be exact.
their house is different now.
good, but different.
after grandma's falls + hospital stays,
things have slowed.
but their giving attitude + eager helping hands,
have only gotten better.
my mother grew up in this modest home.
everything is modest about it,
except for their tv,
but grandpa's got to watch his 49's
+ grandma needs her BYU television.
these two have been present for every single major event in my life.
i honestly cannot think of one thing they have missed.
i cherish the both of them.
look up to both of them.
grateful to them.

i love them.

not everyone is lucky enough to have grandparents near or as involved as mine,
i'll appreciate that forever,
+ work on being as good as they are to their family.
i'm not sure how much time, money or help
they've given out over the years,
but they are angels.
quiet, quirky angels.

ps. this is grandpa's most recent picture of me...i totally work the tie die no?
no.

  


Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

  1. this is so cute! i honestly love how you take advantage of how close you are to your grandparents. my grandfather just passed away almost a month ago & the hardest thing for me was not being able to be there for him or my grandma during the struggles beforehand. i look up to you girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know they were your grandparents!! they were in my ward while growing up before it split! so funny!! and such an adorable post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Camilla!! Nice to see you capture what we'd see as ordinary and turn it into art.

    What lens do you use? Very shallow focus, depth of field.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I just use my 50mm 1.4 for everything. It's my only lens as of, but I absolutely love it! Totally my go to for everything:)

      Delete